U-Pick Strawberry Fields Open at Godfrey’s Farm!
Let’s Get Picking!
Godfrey’s Farm, located in Queen Anne’s County can be found in Sudlersville, MD. An easy 45-minute drive from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, and a quick 25 minute drive from Dover DE, makes for the perfect day trip with the family to pick fresh strawberries!
Godfrey’s grows several varieties of strawberries in their pick-your-own fields. Having both earlier and later varieties of berries helps ensure the season lasts throughout May and hopefully into June. Berries are grown on raised beds, using plastic mulch in the rows, and barley straw between the rows to keep weeds down and to help keep the fruit clean. If you are used to traditional matted row berries, you will find picking at Godfrey’s much easier!
Godfrey’s recommends you make a preliminary walk through the strawberry patch, looking for hot-spots. Once you find a good spot, settle down in a row, gently moving the plant’s leaves around to find all of the ripe berries hidden underneath.
Pick the reddest berries – save orange fruit to be picked in a day or two. A little white on the tip of the fruit is OK; the variety grown has a tendency to show a little white on the tip.
U-Pick Strawberry Field Hours:
- 8am – 6pm Wednesday – Friday
- 8am – 5pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Please arrive so you are done picking before closing time.
- No reservations are needed.
- Pick-your-own fields are closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Masks are not required in the field, but please social distance from other pickers.
- Masks are to be worn in the market.
- Please do not come to pick if you are sick or have been exposed to COVID.
- Note: The busiest times for picking are 10am – 12pm Saturdays, and 11am – 1pm Sundays. If you would like more space while you pick, please visit during off peak hours.
Godfrey’s Farm Market-
In addition to their U-Pick fields, check out Godfrey’s Farm Market to stock up on the season’s freshest pre-picked fruits and vegetables, delicious fresh baked pies, hand dipped ice cream, slushies and more!
When the season is right you can also enjoy pick your own blackberries, peaches and fresh u-cut flowers!
Happy Picking!🍓Back to Blog