- This event has passed.
State of the Rivers
May 19, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmFREE
Come see your Riverkeepers! This is an opportunity for the community to learn about the health and challenges of our local waterways and how the most recent grades compare to previous years. Our staff will also discuss other current programs being undertaken in 2022.
Every Spring, ShoreRivers holds State of the Rivers public events on Maryland’s Eastern Shore to inform the public about the health of the Chesapeake Bay’s Eastern Shore Tributaries (Miles, Choptank, Chester, and Sassafras Rivers, and Eastern Bay). These will be held beginning April 20 at Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, followed by sessions in Kent Island, Cambridge, Chestertown, and Betterton. The events begin at 5:30pm, and include Eastern Shore refreshment, socializing, family friendly activities, and a detailed report card on the health of the local watershed. This event is free and open to the public.
Schedule of Events:
• Wednesday, April 20 @ Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in St. Michaels
• Wednesday, April 27 @ The Packing House in Cambridge
• Thursday, May 5 @ Washington College in Chestertown
• Friday, May 13 @ Volunteer Fire Hall in Betterton
• Thursday, May 19 @ Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center in Kent Island
More info at: shoreriveres.org/events