St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, is one of the oldest intact brick church’s in the state having been built in 1732 at a cost of 140,000 pounds of tobacco. That tobacco paid for bricks to be brought over from England to replace the wooden church that had been erected in 1728. During the Civil War, Federal troops reportedly used the church as a barracks, and allegedly damaged the interior, although no record appears.
Sunday Services – 8am & 11 am
Open the 1st Saturday of every month, May – October, 10am – 2pm